Finance & General Purpose Committee
Terms of reference
- To estimate the Council Tax levy for Parish Council requirements in respect of the ensuing financial year and to recommend the precept amount to the Parish Council.
- To control the expenditure of the Council, to deal with all financial matters (except those dealt with by: the Parish Hall & Grounds Committee under paras 2 and 5 of their terms of reference; and the Planning & Environment Committee and the Newsletter Editorial Committee under their specific terms of reference), and make such recommendations as may seem advisable.
- TO submit and recommend payment of accounts at the Council’s monthly meetings. In exceptional circumstances to approve accounts for payment subject to there being a majority of Councillors present and being in favour.
- To consider any request by the Parish Hall & Grounds Committee, the Planning & Environment Committee and the Newsletter Editorial Committee for financial assistance from the precept, and to make recommendations thereon to the Parish Council.
- To investigate any call upon the Council’s financial resources which may involve a loan.
- To examine the Council’s accounts periodically, in relation to the above income and expenditure.
- To deal with any matters calling for immediate consideration referred to the Committee by the Council Chair and not covered by another Committee.
- To deal with any matter affecting the wellbeing of the Parish which is not covered by another Committee and which is, from time to time, referred from the Parish Council.
- To meet at least 3 times a year for the above purposes.